Enhance your WWDC experience (or any other conference for that matter)
Conference attendees need a way to keep in touch (sorry Twitter, you’re just a bit too noisy). Last year at WWDC, everyone I spoke to was using GroupMe. This year I hope you will all download and use Glassboard to coordinate with people. In fact, there are already a number of boards being formed to help everyone keep in touch with their fellow Apple enthusiasts (some of which are ironically discussed on Twitter).
Glassboard will keep you in touch with your group…
1. Create a board before you head out to the conference.
2. Invite your close friends and colleagues, the people that you want to eat with and share cab rides and such.
3. Post your location when you are somewhere you’d like everyone to meet. Post photos and videos and your thoughts on sessions and after-parties.
…and help you network with new people…
1. Create a board during a session.
2. Invite people you are surrounded by that would like to continue a discussion after the session.
3. Use the board to meet up with your new contacts some other time during the week, or to coordinate when you can collaborate at some other time.
…and preserve your online integrity.
WWDC isn’t just about the conference, it’s also about the after-parties. When using Glassboard you can go hog wild and share pictures and videos you wouldn’t necessarily want to broadcast via your Twitter account. So bust out your best dance moves and Karaoke renditions of “Bad Romance” worry-free.
Posted by Jenny Blumberg
« « Previous post: Won’t someone think of the children??
Next post: Shared Experiences. Because it’s no fun to _____ by yourself. » »