Glassboard has been essential to the Sepia Labs team to get work done. It has also been used by members of the team to keep in close contact with family despite their geographical location. But sometimes we just want to use the app for fun things, and Nick Bradbury’s Dexter board is one of them.
To give you a little background, our Android developer, Nick Bradbury, drew a fairly popular comic strip during college called Dexter. Unfortunately he had to eventually give up this pursuit (software development is much better at paying the bills!), but we can look back on his old comics as he posts them to the Dexter board on Glassboard.
Folks are more than welcome to join the board. In fact, it’s a good way to use Glassboard if you’re not very familiar with it and you don’t yet have others you know using the app. The invite code is ‘dexter’.
At one point we tried to add phone support for Glassboard, but we made a poor hiring decision that has led to substandard customer service. Guess we’ll have to stick with email!
[Movie trailer guy voice]: THIS SUMMER. IN A WORLD. GLASSBOARD, THE KILLER APP, EMERGES TO TAKE ON SOCIAL NETWORKS AND EMAIL **explosions**
Read more here.
That’s 20 hours a month. Reading boring legalese. You would need to take 30 days off of work a year! I’m sure your boss won’t mind.
If we look at other things that are time consuming, I’m sure we can cut some of them out of our lives to make room for all this reading.
- We spend about 150 hours a month watching TV. Why not cut some of that out? You could blaze through 900 privacy policies!
- The average American spends 8 hours a month on Facebook. That’s an entire work day, or about 48 privacy policies read.
What else could we do for 20 hours in a month instead of reading privacy policies? You could:
- Listen to that one Gotye song 300 times!
- Watch every Harry Potter movie and still have 14 minutes to spare!
- Drive from Denver to Tijuana!
We conducted a random survey across a number of Glassboard users and there were some interesting results! I was going to put together an infographic but we all know how Brent Simmons feels about them. So without further ado, WORDS!
What we found was that Glassboard users represent all kinds of different demographics but what they do have in common is that they tend to be more intelligent and more attractive than the rest of the population.
Because the Glassboard app focuses so much on privacy, these folks are comfortable using the app to share very secure information, even things like:
- Nuclear launch codes
- The location of Jimmy Hoffa
- The one word that rhymes with “orange”
But people use Glassboard for fun as well. The majority of users have at some point shared some of the following to their boards:
- Pictures of cats
- Pictures of cats with a piece of bread on their head
- People complaining that Michael Bay is directing the next Ninja Turtles movie
- The lyrics to Pumped Up Kicks
Finally, overwhelmingly 98% of users have stated that they would be comfortable posting nekkid pictures to a board. The other 2% are never-nudes.
This is because our trusted private sharing app has proven to be a safe haven for you to post a picture of your bum if you feel so inclined. Unlike Twitter it is never ever public and unlike Facebook we won’t ever view your photos or take them down. We’re not here to judge. Facebook even takes down photos of women breastfeeding because apparently that’s disgusting and offensive. Eww a boobie!
So now we’ve decided to shift our marketing strategy to cater to you cheeky-monkey bum-lookers.
Our old slogan:
Glassboard. Private group sharing done right.
And now, our new slogan!
Assboard. Put your privates on it.
Has a nice ring to it, no?